From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the error in the attached bandpass filter??

I have attached a bandpass filter I have constructed and simulated. The frequency range of the band pass filter is 704 Hz to 2040 Hz. But the problem is even when I put 60Hz I am still getting the same input wave at the out. So, what's wrong with the circuit. If theres an error can someone please correct it for me. (Please explain in a simple and easy way to understand, cuz I am a newbie).

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,384 Views)

R1 and R2 are not connected to R3 and C2?

For future reference, attach the circuit file rather then a picture. The picture may show things being correct but there may be a simulation setting that is incorrect (which you will not see in the picture).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,363 Views)

Without the connection which Tom pointed out your output is about what you would expect.  The reactance of a 2 uF capacitor at 60 Hz is about 1300 ohms so the 39 ohm resistor has very little effect. You essentially have a 50% voltage divider.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,355 Views)