From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage-Controlled Triangle Wave

I am trying to use the Voltage-Controlled Triangle Wave, since this is the first time I work with this component decided test it before starting. When I tested it in the range from 0 to 1khz it works properly but when I tested it at 1Mhz its performance was very estrange, desappear the oscilations.  Since this is a virtual component it is supposed to work perfectly doesn’t matter what setting is.

Could somebody duplicate my testing and confirm back if you got the same results?

SOURCES / CONTROLED_VOLTAGE_SOURCE / VOLTAGE-CONTROLLED TRIANGLE WAVE

I am using a very simple setting, so please get me wrong if I missed some electrical concept.

Thanks in abvanced,

Roosvelt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,280 Views)
please see attached the screen of the properties window
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,267 Views)
You should change the timestep accordingly in order to achieve good results.
Try going to Simulate >> Interactive Simulation Settings...  and change the Maximum Time Step (TMAX) field to 1e-007. That will make a 1 MHz signal work fine. If you are going to higher frequencies set a smaller time step... however, this will slow down the rest of your simulation, so look for an optimal setting.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,254 Views)

Nestor ,thank you a lot.

By reducing the time steps to 1e-7 the problems with the voltage-controlled Triangle wave were fixed and at the same time many other problems that I had in another circuits too.

Sincerely,

Roosvelt Sanchez

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,222 Views)