From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use MultiSim to simulate varistor

I would like to use MultiSim to simulate the varistor, can it simulate the varistor?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(17,487 Views)
I am not sure what you mean by varistor. In my mind when I hear that term I think of MOV's. Is this what you are referring to?
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(17,478 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(17,468 Views)
There was a reason I asked the preivous question. In my version I already have MOV's in the database. They are listed as Voltage_Suppressors under the Misc Menu. If you are looking to simulate using other components, then the best way is to tie two zeners back to back. This will give the best results. Other than that I have no other ideas.
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(17,458 Views)
Put a Schottky diode instead of varistor - thus you can simulate clamping properties of varistor.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(17,252 Views)

he doesn't know what veristor is, but thinks of a MOV's when hears it. im assuming he knows nothing about both. and voltage supressors are under power menu just so u know.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,874 Views)

A varistor is a voltage dependent variable resistor, of which a MOV is one type.

A crude way to simulate is back to back zener diodes for bi-directional or a single zener for unidirectional.  If you need more precise simulation then you should first check for a model from the manufacturer for the actual part you are using.  If a SPICE model is not available then you need the V-I curves and any other parametric specs important to your circuit.  There are various ways in SPICE to create the model and I'm sure many examples can be found with an internet search.

Look through the MS Master Database Power/Voltage_suppressor and Diode/Protection_Diode libraries for many examples as well.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,820 Views)

Poderia me mandar um convite para eu poder me cadastrar no KITTMASTER´S?

Fico muito agradecido.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,805 Views)

Привет! Две модели варисторов есть в основной базе, но, можно сделать модели с помощью синтаксиса spice

Варистор.gif

Варистор1.gif

tipa_0-1684947402423.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,797 Views)

-ещё один пример нелинейного варистора (1 Вольт делим на ток датчика, получаем изменение сопротивления противофазно изменению напряжения на входе элемента; 169,-169 Ом)

tipa_0-1684951875998.png

tipa_0-1684951682846.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,772 Views)