Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiroute says "Check user authorization"

My Ultiroute has suddenly started giving me a "Please check your User Authorization" error message when I try to route a board. Ultiboard runs fine, the internal rip-up router seems to be OK, but Ultiroute won't run any more. I can't find any way of dealing with this. The software is Ultiboard 2001 SP2.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,595 Views)

Hi,

Let's try this:

• Uninstall Ultiboard/Ultiroute from the Windows Control Panel.
  • Manually remove any files left in C:\UB2001.
  • Reinstall the software.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,567 Views)

Fernando,

Does this mean I will need a new release code, or can I use the same one as previsously used, since my hardware configuration should be the same? I guess I'd really like to know what exactly happened here, rather than just re-install everything blindly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,558 Views)

Hello,

You should be able to use the same Release Code if your hardware configuration hasn't changed; anyway if for some reason you have issues with this, just use the Online Release Code Generator to get a new code.

Ultiboard/Ultiroute 2001 are products that we don't support anymore, therefore I won't be able to tell you what caused this error.

• Did the re-install work?
  • Are you using a hardware dongle?
  • Operating system?
  • Ultiboard version (Personal, Pro)? 

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,542 Views)

Fernando,

I haven't yet tried this, as at this point, it's not critical, and I have other things I need to get done. However, when schedule permits, I'll give it a shot. In answer to your questions:

1. I haven't tried the re-install

2. No

3. XP SP3

4. Ultiboard 2001 Power Pro

Thanks,

Dave T.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,539 Views)