From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiboard V14.1 Footprint Editor, automatically adding Text

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with Ultiboard 14.1 Power Pro Edition, regarding the text being automatically added to Footprints.

I created at Footprint for a 50 Pin connector, as a part of the footprint I added 4 numbers on the top silk, to denote pin number locations. In the form of 1, 25, 26 and 50. Once complete I saved it to my User Database.

Since then any other footprint I open with the database editor (Existing or New footprints), then adds these top silk text objects, in the exact same locations, sizes etc.

So for example if i open a footprint for an 0805 SMT Resistor, it will then add these 4 text objects, in the exact same location to the foot print. Even though they were not on the footprint before i opened it.

has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks - Taylor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,480 Views)

Hi Taylor,

Firstly are you still seeing this error?

This sounds like it may be a universal default setting that has been applied when creating your footprint.

- Has this only happened with this particular footprint?

- If you delete this footprint do you still see the error?

- Have you imported any databases?

- Are there any changes to the functionality/behavior of any other components?

Kind Regards,

Amy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,439 Views)

Hi Amy,

If i create a footprint, using the creation wizard, it does not add them, unless i go to edit the foot print at any stage, then the extra characters are added.

I have not yet tried deleting the footprint which introduced this error. But will give that a go.

No i have not imported any databases.

No other changes of which I have noticed. It only seems to be a footprint/Ultiboard issue only when a foot print has been opened up in the editor. So as per my previous example, I could open a Ultiboard footprint in the editor, and it would add these extra characters, if i save it then the new footprint will have these characters. if I delete them and then save it, then the footprint does not have them. So it only seems to be a glitch (and therefore an annoyance) that every time I open the footprint editor, it adds these extra characters.

Thanks for your Reply!

Taylor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,425 Views)