From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pspice vs. Multisim comparison

I'm a geophysicist, not an electrical engineer, but have found myself working on a number of relatively simple circuits. It's not too expensive to add the NI circuit design suite to a LV developer's suite licence, but I haven't been able to find out too much about Multisim outside of NI itself. Can anyone tell me how it compares to PSpice, and how widely it's used in the industry?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(19,417 Views)

Hi,

Multisim is a SPICE simulator and it supports PSPICE models and here are some differences:

-  Multisim easier to use, you don't need to know SPICE to use the tool.  This is why Multisim is very popular in universities and colleges, a student can startup the tool and within an hour can figure out how to built a circuit and simulate it.

-  Have typical instruments that you find in a lab such as scope, multi meter

-  Interactive simulation, this is when you toggle a switch and you can see the circuit change instantly, in PSPICE, you have to stop the simulation change the connection and re simulate.

-  Multisim is a schematic capture tool 

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(19,330 Views)

Thank you Tien.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(19,313 Views)