From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM324 based Function Generator

Hi There!
I'm trying to make a function Generator using LM324 but the output is not as desired. When I change the resistor and capacitor values, I get a straight line at the output. I added a 2 pole RC Filter to get the triangle and sine waves but I need to change the frequency and amplitude of the Triangle wave to 5 khz, 5 Volt and the sine wave to 50Hz, 5 volt. How do I change it........ Kindly help.
ThanksSmiley Indifferent

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,364 Views)

Hi Jhonny,

This is a difficult question. I just run your circuit and I get the same results as your screenshots. You would have to analyze the outputs that are going to the oscilloscope. Depending of the values of the Rs and Cs it will change the behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,301 Views)

Hi,

Lm324 is a power diode which uses Schottky Barrier Principle for its operation. This diode is also named as Schottky Rectifier, its named after Scientist Walter H. Schottky. If you are working on 1n5819 then you should have a look at this tutorial Introduction to LM324. They have given detailed description of this diode. I hope you will get some knowledge.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,569 Views)