From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure impedance on multisim?

I'm a second semester student so please keep it simple.

I'm trying to get my Thevenin voltage and impedance in a series ac circuit.  What can I use to measure impedance in my circuit.  I have the answer through calculations but I need to be able to get the answer in a simulation as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(15,572 Views)

Hi,

If you are using Multisim 11, select File>>Open Samples>>LabVIEW Instruments>>Impedometer>>Impedometer.ms11,  copy/paste the impedance meter from that circuit to your circuit.

Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 2 of 8
(15,553 Views)

Hi, I am trying to get the impedance of the attached circuit. I have tried with several forms that I found in the forum and own ideas but I cannot get it. I tried the following:  a) putting a AC current sourceand simulating the voltage (note I want to note the input impeadnce of the circuit), which teoritically will be the same as the impedance, right? b) I tried to use the impedameter that I found in labview samples but it seems to work only when the elements are in series (am I right? or probably I conencted wrong, first I found out I shouldn't put a ground, so I disconnected it but didn't get the correct answer (I have mi circuit solved by hand and it is 100% correct). c) I kept my voltage source and placed and Iprobe in series with the voltage sourcer and then tried to simulate mag(Vprobre)/mag(Iprobe), which theoretically will give me the impedance, but again I failed. What am I doing wrong?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(14,107 Views)

Hi Kanogui,

Have a look at this knowledge base:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9F8D30235DE3EC0186257592006B23A2

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(14,073 Views)

Hi, thanks for your help. I have already tried with that before posting my last question (as I mentioned in my post) but I could not get the impedance, any other recomendation? 

Message 5 of 8
(14,063 Views)

Using the expression in the KB should work. Post the Multisim file you created so that I can see how you entered the expression. What is your expected output?

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(14,039 Views)

Hi, at the frequency of 100.658 MHz I am expecting to get a value equal to the resistance (5 ohms). Attached you can find the multisim file. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(14,033 Views)

Hi

I am a Highschool student, so keep it very simple.... 

I have a circuit and I don't know how to put an Impedometer on it....Circuito

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(13,896 Views)