Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearance zone bigger than the component itself

Sometimes it happens that the clearance zone around the component is bigger that the component itself.

Why is it like this and how to resize this clearance zone to the component size.

I hope the annexed figure will help understanding my question.

In my understanding the component size is the blue colored box on the top of the figure and the clearance zone is the yellow dotted line box around. The latter box on is bigger that the blue one and I don't know how to reduce its size.

The issue is that no other component is allowed to be in this clearance zone.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,585 Views)

Hi Momboz,

normally the clearence area is the area were the device resists on the board.

It is defined in the device data and should stay the same everytime you add the same device to your layout.

Do you have changing clearance areas on the same device if you add it multiple times?

Best wishes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,456 Views)

Hi Dennis

I have a special connector for USR-K3 UART to Ethernet adapter and I don't any footprint for that. So I decided to take a header with 16 pins (as the USR-K3) and to re-arrange those in order to comply with my USR-K3 layout. The re-arranged layout is smaller then the header one. The issue is that I can't put any other component closer to the new USR-K3 footprint since the space is looked by the header as shown by the yellow dotted line in the figure given above.

In other words how can I reduce this yellow dotted box in order to allow other components to be positioned closer to the new UR-K3 component?

Thank you / Mohamed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,451 Views)

Hi Momboz,

the clearance zone is a attribute of the component and bond to it.

The physical parts of that component use the space marked as the clearance zone and because of that you can not place other components there.

Please create a custom Component if you have another component that is not available in the palette.

Creating a Custom Component in NI Ultiboard - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5631/en/

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,441 Views)