From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect wire to symbol in Multisim

In Multisim I try to connect wires to a symbol. However, when moving the symbol none of the wires are connected. Instead I get a set of wires with a red dot at the end.

What is the setting to tell Multisim to connect the wires to the symbols automatically, such that I can drag and drop the symbol elsewhere.

It works for some components and not for others.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,625 Views)

Hi jjwikner, 

It could be that you are not connecting the wires to the symbol correctly. This usually results in a wire with a red dot at the end. 

I have no problem connecting two symbols together and then moving the symbol around. 

Please see attached gif. 

Kind Regards, 

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,591 Views)

Ok, thanks for the reply and nice animation.

I guess the issue is that only manual drawing of wires is allowed in this tool. In many others, it is sufficient to place the symbol pins on each other for them to connect. The strange thing is that connectivity in Multisim is obtained this way, as log as you not move them and hope for the wires to follow.

//jj

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,559 Views)