From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoroute troubles

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,  I'm new to using Ultiboard (this is my first project) but I did the the tutorial and feel somewhat comfortable with it after tinkering with it for awhile now.  I drew my design on Multisim and now  I'm having trouble getting my autoroute to work.  It starts and is over in 2 seconds without placing a single trace.  This is what I've tried so far:  Adding layers, adjusting trace width, adjusting distance from pads, and toying with autoroute settings.  It won't let me manually connect my nets either.  I'm about to just get rid of all the nets and free hand but that would be very tedious because I have 236 connections.  I've attached my file, thanks for any help.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JustinMoon

Hi JustinMoon,

Your default trace width is set to 8000 mil, this trace size will cause a lot of  DRC errors.  Turn on the Spreadsheet View if it's not already on by selecting the menu View>>Spreadsheet View, select the Nets tab and click the Trace Width  heading, the column will be highlighted and when you change the width for one net the other nets will change as well.  The default trace width for Ultiboard is 10mil

Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,026 Views)

That helped.  Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,020 Views)