Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add customized column when exporting centroids

Hi, I want to add a column "company part number" on the centroid file. It is not available from the drop down list in the Centroid property dialog. How can I do it? I already have the part numbers available in the multisim.

Jake

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,478 Views)

Hi Jake,

One way you can do this is to create a new attribute named "Company Part Number" and assign a value for this field for each component in your design.

1. Double-click on any component in your design

2. In the Parts Properties tab, select New to add a new attribute to the component

3. Select Silkscreen Top

4. Under Tag, enter the attribute you would like to add; in this case, "Company Part Number"

5. In the Value field, enter in the company part number of that specific component

6. Under Visibility, select Invisible; this way it won't show up on the actual silkscreen

7. Click OK

You will need to repeat this process for each component for which you would like to assign a company part number.  If you are re-using the components often, you may want to save the edited components into a corporate database so this process doesn't need to be repeated each time.

Now you will see "Company Part Number" as an option in the drop-down list in the Centroid dialog!

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,456 Views)

That's one way... is there another? For instance I have company part numbers in the user fields area of the multisim database. Is there a way to get that info to carry through to ulitboard automatically? With Natasha's example, I would need a specific footprint for each part, which means my one 0805_resistor footprint for example would become about 100 entries. On a similar note, is there a way to get the min and max operating temperatures to show on a BOM report in multisim?

Hg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,418 Views)

That's a good point; it would be more useful to define the company part number through Multisim.  You can add attributes there, but they do not currently transfer over to Ultiboard.

I have added a feature request to add this functionality.

As for the min/max operating tempeatures, I am assuming you're referring to the fields in the Electronic Parameters tab when editing a component from the Database Manager?  Unfortunately, these are not shown in the B.O.M.  User fields, however, can be shown in the B.O.M, so if you add the min/max operating temperatures as user fields then you will be able to add them to your B.O.M.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the feedback.

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,403 Views)

Thank you for starting a feature request. 

Regarding my BOM report question, yes, I was referring to the temperature fields in the Electronic Parameters tab. I believe I will follow your suggestion to add the values as user data fields. Thanks,

Hg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,400 Views)