From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Warning

Hello,

I am trying to activate my university Multisim but I keep getting a message that says "activation warning" every time that I enter the University serial number into the license manager. None of my classmates have had this issue and the IT Helpdesk at my university have been unable to recreate this error. I seem to be the only one having the issue and I don't know why. My University have now given up helping and I am really fed up with this not working

Has anybody got any idea what this error means - I have been unable to find this anywhere on the internet?

PC: Windows 10

Cheers all!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,078 Views)

We have had several students with this same error where I work as well.  I currently have a ticket open with NI Support but haven't found a solution yet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,035 Views)

All - Please post back with the solution that NI came up with for you.  I have a student with the same issue and I am not sure what to recommend.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,890 Views)

NI has suggested doing the "web based activation", put in your serial number and get an activation code back.  This requires the Computer ID from NI License Manager as well.  Even this hasn't been 100% in working for our students.

Message 4 of 6
(1,883 Views)

Thanks Cris.  We will give that a try.

Brian Warnecke

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,835 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,768 Views)