Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D for Mtg Holes?

I noticed back in 2008 someone queried regarding 3D capability for holes. At the time it was not available. Is it now, and if not, is it planned for the future? I notice that a sphere can be placed and set back into the board surface, but not a hole. I would think a cylinder could be used for that application, with an open or closed feature (check box) to allow opening up the area as a hole if desired.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,123 Views)

Vertical drill holes are currently possible. You can create a vertical hole by making a circle on the 3d info layer of the same height as the block you are putting the hole through and selecting "Hole" within the 3d data tab for that specific circle.

See the DB15SS connector land pattern for an example within the database.

Horizontal drill holes are not possible to create in a practical manner, though it can technically be done by stacking a large number of 3d layers and marginally increasing the offset on each layer (similar to the way a 3d printer functions). This can be used if necessary but it can be very time consuming depending on your requirements (an octagon is fairly easy to create but creating one that looks circular involves a very large number of layers).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,107 Views)