Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wirelss connection of WLS-9215

Hello,

I'm trying to connect WLS-9215 to my computer with wireless connection. I followed the instruction and it is found on MAX. it shows 'up' for both wireless and wired connection.

However, after disconnect the ethernet cable, it can not connnet to both connections. I used the ad-hoc and static ip connection for the wireless connection.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,869 Views)

Hello Pluckor,

So I don't really understand when you say that you cannot see both connections.  Can you not see both connections when the ethernet cable is not connected to the device? Becuaser this should be the case.  Do you mean that you cannot see the second connection when you plug the ethernet cable back in? The device can only communicate in either Wireless mode or Ethernet mode, and so are you trying to communicate with the device via both connections? 

Can you expand a little and maybe attache a few screenshots, 

Thank you 

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,855 Views)
After finishing the wireless configuration with ethernet cable, I disconnect the ethernet cable and lost both connections. I mean I cannot connect with wireless connection only.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,852 Views)

Hey Pluckor,

Check the following developer's zone articles relating to properly configuring ad-hoc connections.   This one is exptremely explicit (better then the one I sent via email).  

The one thing that I'm thinking you may not being doing is after configuring the wireless daq device and its all ready to go.  it is very important that you go into windows and explicitly connect to the AD-HOC network created.   This is done using the Windows wireless wizard. 

Check into he following document and let me know exaclty whats going on and maybe give us some screenshots. 

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8597

Thank you

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,833 Views)