Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 6009 max speed

Hi everyone,
we are considering purchasing some USB-6009s and therefore I have a couple quick questions:

1) Can the USB-6009 read and write to the channels at the same time? (our current hardware cannot 😞  )
2) What is the maximum theoretical sampeling rate of the USB-6009 using all 14 Input channels, all 2 output channels and all 12 digital IOs?  Is there a delay time?
3) We have the German version of Diadem.. is NI-DAQmx the same as NI-MAX?

Thanks,
Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,007 Views)
Hi Jeff,

let me answer your questions:

1) Yes, the USB-6009 is capable of reading from and writing to channels at the same time
2) The total maximum sampling rate for the USB-6009 is 48 kS/s (multiplexed). That means using all 12 input channels you'll get 4KS/s per channel
3) Not really, but MAX is part of the DAQmx instalation package. NI-MAX is the Measurement and Automation Explorer, an application that allows you to configure your hardware devices and interfaces, set user scales etc. NI-DAQmx is our powerful driver software, that extends the capabilities of the tradional DAQ driver.

Please also see following links: USB-6009, DAQmx

Have a good one,
Bernd
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,990 Views)
Thanks for the quick reply. 

So this means that the USB 6009 will work with Diadem? 
I know it is somewhat of a stupid question, however last year I ordered the USB-CAN modules only to find that they did NOT work with Diadem Smiley Mad

Thanks again,
Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,988 Views)
The question rather is if the driver supports the device and if this driver versions is compatible with the Diadem version you've installed.
To check compatibility please check out this link
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,984 Views)
The 6009 has 8 analog input channels (in RSE mode) and 4 analog input channels in differential mode, not more !
Wilfried.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,966 Views)