Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble reading signal on 6071E card with SCB-100

Hi,

I'm a beginner Labviewer and am having some difficulty with my hardware.  I am trying to use my 6071E card to read thermocouples  from my SCB-100 box.  The card passes the self test in MAX (NI-DAQmx) , but is not responding to the SCB box.  In the MAX's  "test pannel" the signal voltage for all channels with this card is the "max input limit", also the self calibration failed.  I've tried the card in 2 different computers with the same result.  I also have a 6036E card that I'm running a SCB-68 off of, and they work fine in the same computers, so I'm fairly certain its my 6071E card thats the trouble.

I ran a DAQ Diagnostic Utility and the results are in the attachment.  If anyone can give me some advice on what to try next, I'm greatly appreciate it.
-David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,596 Views)

Hi dbeerer,

Thanks for posting to the NI discussion forums. I have a couple of follow-up questions for you, and a suggestion for a next step.

Questions:

• Has this card ever worked?

• What hardware driver and driver version (DAQmx, Traditional NI-DAQ, etc..) are you using? Are you using the same driver with the 6036E and the 6071E?

• Do you have anything physically connected to the card when you ran the diagnostic utility?  Before running the diagnostic utility you should disconnect everything from the card. 

Suggested Step:

It sounds like you have taken the right steps to troubleshoot your card. Based on your description, and after looking at the results of the DAQ diagnostic utility that you ran, it appears that your card may need to be sent to NI for repair.  The fastest way for you to get this issue resolved (especially if a repair is needed) is to go to ni.com/support and request to speak to an NI engineer.  They would be happy to help you finish troubleshooting and process a repair if needed.   We  will do our best  to  provide suggestions and help through the forum, but if a repair is needed you will need to contact NI  directly.

Jared T.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,570 Views)

J_Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.  I am using NI-DAQ v7.5 in my current computer.  I've tried both DAQmx and traditional DAQ and both give me the same troubled result. 

When I ran the diagnostics, I had physically disconnected my card to any hardware.

The same computers (with same drivers) work fine with the 6036E card. 

I'm a new grad student at my lab where I'm trying to run this hardware and the card has been around before me, so I don't know for sure when was the last time it  had worked properly.  I'm assuming it did at some point, because the 6071E card was already installed in one of the computers, but the card hasn't responded since I've been working with it.

I'll try the ni support site.

Thanks for your help so far

-David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,564 Views)