From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronous high-speed digitizer question

I currently use a 6115 card for analog data acquisition.  I'm using this for image capture from ccd cameras.  I use an external clock and trigger.  The 6115 allows you to input your own clock, so when I have a rising edge on the clock, I know it is making the digital conversion at that point.  I've been looking at the high-speed digitizers for a faster and higher resolution replacement, but they don't appear to be synchronous in the way I explain above.  For instance, I've been testing with a pxi-5122.  I believe it uses a phase-lock loop to synchronize what you input with it's internal clock?  So, you can't use an external clock unless it's a multiple of the internal clock?  Does anyone know if the new pxi-5105 works in this way.  Or of any other card that will and faster than 10MS/s?

thanks,

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,458 Views)
Hey Matt,

Looks like you are doing image acquisition. Have you had a chance to look at the NI Vision boards? They might make things easier for you. You could look at the 1409/1410, which are generic analog frame grabbers or the 1422/1424, which are digital frame grabbers. For more details please click here.

Have a good one.

Regards
Malay Duggar
Applications Engineer
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,446 Views)