Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronizing 9225

Hello,

I'm trying to synchronize continious acquisition from NI 9225 and NI 9227 modules inside the same cDAQ-9188 Chassis, but I can not figure it out how to route/export/configure sample clocks. I would like to use built-in 80 MHz ( or 20 MHz) timebase clock as a extenal sample clock for both modules. Can I do that? Since these are sigma-delta modules, I gues they work different as other C-series modules. Simple example would be highly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

ROMP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,812 Views)

Hi,

let me answer to my own question about this : it is really simple and trivial! All you have to do is to add channels from both modules into same task, all others is done by DAQmy by default!! No messing with clocks, it will be synchronized automatically. Sorry for that, hope this will help someone :), it is documented here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/78E44565FD87E7D686257108007F94F8?OpenDocument

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,810 Views)

I have looked into this, and it won't solve my issue. Im using the 9225 to read voltage and 9227 to read current. You can't use "Create Task" with different types of modules. I have been searching relentlessly for a solution to synchronize these two modules. I am having terrible phase drift, which doesn't allow me to do power calculations.

Any tips for synchronizing different types of modules in the cDAQ-9178?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,693 Views)