From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sporadically loosing communication with cDAQ-9174

I'm having an issue with losing communication with the cDAQ-9174 that i'm using. it has (2) 9485 SSR Relays and (1) 9205 Analog Input connected to it, with the 4th slot empty. 

periodically (~ once a week) the PC will lose communication with the 9174, but then re-establish communication sometime after that. This usually happens during the night while the system that its controlling is running.

the 9174 is in an e-box and powered by a 24 VDC supply, connected to a powered USB hub, the hub is connected to a USB panel pass-thru, and then from there a shielded USB cable (~3 ft long) with a ferrite on either end is conneciting it to a USB port on the back of the PC. I have tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 and it happens when connected to either. 

I'm working on a possible software fix, but I would like to fix the issue with the hardware itself. I was wondering if there is some driver update/firmware patch or anything along those lines to deal with losing communication with the cDAQ-9174. We have used these in the past and have had the same issue. A band-aid we've used is to just cycle power once a day, but with the current system that we're using the 9174 in that isn't a viable solution in my mind. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,147 Views)

Is the PC running some sort of defrag or anything else?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,133 Views)