From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reverse motor direction

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I need help with the following:

Time detection and shading: The LDR (photoresistor) sensor should be able to detect whether it is day or night (light or dark) . During the day, if the sun is so bright, special curtains should automatically shade the temperature sensors by the means of a motor. During night, the curtains should be automatically retrieved. Note that the user should have the ability to override whatever decisions the system might make regarding deploying or retrieving curtains.

I have done some work on the vi program. However I don't know how to reverse motor direction through labview. I am controlling the speed of the motor through DAQmx write counter freq (1 chan. 1 sample) function by a control knob. So I can't specify a negative duty cycle. Any suggestions?

my labview code is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,317 Views)

Hello Haidar92, 

To help you reverse the direction of your motor I first have to ask you some questions. 

1. Does your motor have the capabilities to go both forward and backwards?

2. If it is capable of a reverse direction is there an input that has to be attached from your DAQ device (and driven high/ given a signal) in order to change the direction? 

3. Please check, and provide a link of the Users and Specifications Manual of your motor in order to see if and how we can accomplish a reverse motor direction. 

Best Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Message 2 of 6
(4,307 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haidar92
Thank you for the reply. I solved the problem using an H bridge electrical component and connected to the Mydaq DO0 and DO1 lines
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,299 Views)

How did you reverse it .. can you attach your VI i need it as a reference

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,294 Views)

How did you reverse it .. can you attach your VI ? i can use it as a reference

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,293 Views)

Hi

Here is the attached file.  I have done this project a long time ago and no longer recall the specifics.

Hope it helps.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,264 Views)