Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing daqmx in LV7.1

Hi,

I am using LV7.1 and everything was working fine with DAQmx8.8. I installed DAQmx9.0.1 dvd that came with NI cDAQ-9178 since the hardware was not detected and was asked to update the driver. Now the new hardware is detected, but I am missing the DAQmx functions from LV7.1.

Please let me know if

1. Should cDAQ-9178 work without having to upgrade DAQmx8.8 ?

2. How do I restore DAQmx fucntions in LV7.1? I have reinstalled the new driver 9.0.1 twice and did not help? The function was still missing when I restored the system to an earlier date.

Please HELP.

Thanks,

DS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,980 Views)
LabVIEW 7.1 is no longer supported. Since the 9178 was first supported with 9.0.1, you would have to upgrade your version of LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,974 Views)

That's a bummer.  I was having some problem with the PCI-6036E / SC-3045 in LV7.1 and DAQmx 8.8; and when I called in for some help one of the application enigineer told me to upgrade DAXmx to 9.0 which I have not done yet. She told me LV7.1 is compatible with latest DAQmx. Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,963 Views)
This is a good document that explains compatibility without going through the readmes.  Sorry for the inconvenience of incompatible drivers but verifying with the article should eliminate any confusion.
Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,941 Views)