Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gain problem with 6070E + SCXI-1120

I am using a PCI-6070E (PCI-MIO-16E-1) board with an SCXI-1120 signal conditioning unit (with an SCXI-1328 terminal block) and NI-DAQmx Driver.

To measure 0 - 1V signal the gain on a channel of SCXI-1120 has to be set to 10. I did hardware configuration (using jumper settings in SCXI-1120 unit: 1st stage -10, 2nd one - 1) and software configuration (MAX -> NI-DAQmx Devices -> SCXI-1120 properties -> channel 0: gain=10). But when I'm trying to test a channel with 0.5 V DC, using "Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi" (with Physical Channel: Dev1/ai0) i have 5V-signal output (it is = original signal of 0.5V x 10 of gain).
Please tell me where is the problem or it is normal for DAQmx Driver (i never have this problem with traditional DAQ)?

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,501 Views)
Hi CampiB-

Instead of addressing the channel as "Dev1/ai0" you should actually use the SCXI address "SCNModM/ai0" where N is the chassis number and M is the module number.  The correct name for the module can be found in MAX.  This is the only way for the driver to properly scale the readings for your gain settings.

Hopefully this helps-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,484 Views)