Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evaluation version functionality

I am presently evaluating LabVIEW for a portable Data Acquisition application using the NI USB 6008 DAQ product. I have installed the evaluation version of LabView 7.0 to determine if this is the best solution for my application on my labtop as well as the DAQmx software that came with the USB 6008 product. I am reading signals from the 6008 using the NI Data Logger and can find the USB device using NI MAX. However, I can not use the DAQ Assistant or the Instrument I/O Assistant in LabVIEW to communicate with the USB device. Is this function not accessible with the Evaluation version, or do I have to change some settings and/or reinstall some drivers?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,470 Views)
Hi mdanjou,

The USB-6008 device is supported by the DAQmx Base driver, which is a subset of the DAQmx driver. The DAQ Assistant is a feature of the DAQmx driver not supported by the DAQmxBase driver, hence the reason you're not able to use the USB-6008 with it. Since you're able to acquire data from the NI Data Logger, you already have the DAQmx Base driver installed. A variety of LabVIEW examples have been included with the driver, which you can use as a starting point and to evaluate LabVIEW for your application. You can find the example from:
Start (Windows) >> Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQmx Base >> Examples >> LabVIEW 7.0

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Lesley Y.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,461 Views)