I'm using a usb-6281 daq and keep getting error 89130 when I try to use the counter inputs. The analog inputs and other digitral inputs work fine. I'm testing it using Ni-Max. I assume that if the analog inputs are working then it has nothing to do with resetting the device (which I've tried with no luck). Any ideas?
So you restart pc, go to max, reset device, start test panel, counter I/O tab, edge counting from any PFI, it gives error, right?
Try different USB, force uninstall/reinstall driver in windows task manager, different PC if possible, MAX Tools -> reset config data. If not, I would say it is bad, contact NI for repairs.
They will also need daqmx version (may ask to upgrade), and windows version.
Tried restarting the PC (strictly a wall powered laptop) etc.. No luck. Took the DAQ to another PC (laptop) and it worked fine. Took another DAQ (a 6218), ran the same tasks from Ni-MAX after resassigning them to the new DAQ and didn't encounter the 89130 problem. In other news, it appears the bug that I started with was a result of ground loops in the device I was given to measure. I rewired the device and so far haven't encountered the intermittent signal.