Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver USB 6251 windows

Hello all,

I have just received an NI-DAQmx device: USB-6251 multi-I/O.
I had prepare some software, using NI-DAQmx 8.5 and using a simulated device.
When I plug in the USB device, Windows requires to install a driver. And it cannot find one.

The device was packed with NI-DAQmx 8.6.
When I started to install this slightly newer version, I got a warning that some parts are not compable with my LabWindows/CVI version 6.0

So my questions:
Do I really need to install this NI-DAQmx 8.6 for support of the NI USB-6251 ?
If not so: what do I need to do so that Windows has/finds a driver for this device ?

Regards, Jos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,364 Views)

Hello,

NI-DAQmx 8.5 should support you device allright. So to have it clear, you did install the USB-6251 on the PC where DAQmx 8.5 is installed right? And when you plug it in it is not recognized properly and after that windows comes with the message that you should try to find a driver?

If you have tried it on a PC without NI-DAQmx installed you should be able to install 8.5 and your module should be recognized. If 8.5 is allready installed try to uninstall the driver and reinstall it to see if a installation problem with the driver causes this issue. If the problem is still there afterwards you could try (if possible) to install only the DAQmx driver 8.5 on a different PC and take a look if the module is recognized there. When this all is not working contact your local NI branch for assitance.

Regards,

RikP - National Instruments Applications Engineering

Rik Prins, CLA, CLED
Software Development Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,347 Views)

Hello Rik,

I have tried it with NI-DAQmx 8.5 in two computers without succes.

Subsequently I have downloaded the newest version 8.6.1 (the packed version was 8.6 from november). After installing this one (with a warning for CVI 6) the device is recognized when plugging in the USB and it finds/installs automatically the correct Windows driver.

Thanks, Jos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,340 Views)

Hello Jos,

Ok, Strange that the 8.5 one does not work since the USB-6251 is listed as a supported device. Thanks for letting me know 8.6.1 did the trick.

Regards,

RikP - National Instruments Applications Engineering

Rik Prins, CLA, CLED
Software Development Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,337 Views)

P.S.

The combination of NI-DAQmx 8.6.1 with the USB-6251 has been used now successfully with two operating systems: Windows 2000 Pro (1x) and Windows XP Pro (2x). None other foreseen at this moment.

Jos

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,302 Views)