Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continuous analog input - with no errors

I'm using a PCI1610/1611E board (not sure what they're currently described as - but that's what I have) - with LabVIEW 6, and NI-DAQ 6.8, what I need to do is continuously read in from analog channel 0, however, every single example that ships either leaves me with sampling errors (the waveform I'm reading in is very definatly not what it should be), or when I can sample properly I'm left with 'frames', the points where the buffers change over introduce an error. I have searched the site, but have yet to find anything - if anybody out there has any ideas, I would be most grateful for some insights.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,219 Views)
Hello,

What happens if you run a continuous Test Panel in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX), do you get the same results? Before troubleshooting LV applications, I usually go to MAX and make sure that the board is working properly.

If everything works fine in MAX, I would check the scan backlog in the AI Read just to make sure that the buffer is not overflowing. If the scan backlog is increasing steadily, the buffer will most likely overflow and generate and error. To prevent buffer overflow, set the number of scans to read to 1/4 or 1/2 the buffer size .

Good luck with your application!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,219 Views)