Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDaq-9172 and usb-9211 compatibility

I have an older cDAQ 9172 and am trying to use with USB-9211 thermocouple module.  However it shows up as a non supported device in the NI Max.  I am using Ni max 17.5 as per the last supported version for the 9172.  According to the documentation I have found in the links below, it says that the USB-9211 is not compatible with daqmx but it can be converted to a USB-9211A which is supported.  This can be done by inserting it into an USB-9162 carrier.  This leads me to believe that it may just require a firmware update to work with my 9172?  Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to spend another $500 for a USB-9211A module if I can just update my 9211 instead.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PAiiSAG&l=en-US

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374768t.html#NoSupportVista

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(709 Views)

Based on the description it looks like your limiting factor is two things, the module carrier, and the old firmware that works only with the DAQmx base.

If the issue is only the firmware, then you can upgrade it using some other supported chassis/carrier (you need access to) and it would work with your chassis.

Do you have the NI-9211 or the USB-9211 bundle? because you also say you've cDAQ-9172

But if the issue if the USB-9162 carrier compatibility with DAQmx, your only option is to use a supported Chassis/Carrier.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(695 Views)

Hi Santhosh.  Unfortunately I do not have the USB-9162 carrier, only a cDaq-9174 and the C series USB-9211 module.   Does anybody know if Ni service can update the module for me?  I suppose I could buy a USB-9132 carrier to update the firmware but they are around $300 on Ebay.  Also I looked at mxbase and  I could only find 2 versions for download, V14 and V15.  I think I would need a much older version for doing this update?

thanks again Santhosh. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(658 Views)