From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ "stopped" working after hours of working without displaying an Error

Hello everybody,

LabVIEW_EMeOnZMsmR.pngData Aquisition LoopData Aquisition Loop

Short version:

I acquire Sound with a cDAQ 9181 and Module 9232 it works good but today it stopped working after ~5 hours, it didn't throw an Error. Is that common?

Long version:

I'm using this microphone, and I'm acquiring a 'pseudo'-sinusoidal 40khz signal from an ultrasound speaker. Everything works like a charm but today the Application was running for hours from 10am to 3pm it failed. After Lunch, from 3pm on, the measurements were all wrong. 

Tipically when there is no sound, one can see a small signal with a lot of noise, it changes if you clap or if you make some noise. It is very noticeable.

However the signal wasn't changing anymore and there was no error on the screen.

I'm using a queue for the data aquisition.

I tried the following:

- Restart the App.

- Run the Task from the NI MAX.

- Disconnected and connected the cDAQ to the power Outlet.

- Disconnected and connected the cable of the mic.

Nothing worked and there was no error on the screen of the App.

I know it can show errors because an error is displayed when:

- The Network cable is disconnected.

- The cDAQ hasn't fully started yet.

- The Task is not correctly set.

Is there any information should I share so you guys can get a better grasp of the issue?

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

Edit:

I forgot to mention I solved the problem by creating a new Task in NI MAX with the exact same configuration of the "old" Task. But that isn't normal.

This problem happened when the PC turned off the screen because of no user activity. But it didn't go to sleep.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,695 Views)