Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build executable only works on development computer

I have successfully built many N&V an other applications for the 9233, 9162 combination for deploying to a test department laptop.

Recently we also got a 9215A BNC, 9162 and it works well in combinations with the 9233 using signal express.

When I exported the Signal Express to a VI and added a few simple changes it worked well on the development computer but the executable shows no signal or error message on the deployed laptop. I have esnsured that the hardware and the "Dev" numbers are identical the "DAQ Assistant" has been left reather than converted to a sub-vi

The VI and the executable version both work well on the Development computer, needless to say.

Are there hidden port identifications or ather aspects that require to be matched?

Message Edited by Midlothian on 08-01-2007 01:26 AM

Message Edited by Midlothian on 08-01-2007 01:28 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,753 Views)

When it "runs" on the deployed laptop the charts and the gauges show no signals despite all passing self-test and showing good SignalExpress traces on the desired channel names. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,742 Views)

It could be a number of reasons.

Why not try some error handling?

If you place error clucters through the DAQ assistants, merge them and stop the while loop (and display a simple error handler box) you might have a better idea of what is actually going on.

The DAQmx vi's could be erroring out and you wouldn't know anything about it.

AdamB

Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
Message 3 of 4
(2,719 Views)

Thanks,

The problem turned out to be related the the driver installation on the deployed laptop.

The DAQ's were working on SignalExpress and individually on the self-test but not together due to a service/device name error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,710 Views)