Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 compatibility with Trad. Daq and conversion Trad. Daq to DAQmx 9.5

Hi all together,

I am trying to get old software using the traditional Daq running on windows 7 with DAQmx version 9.5.1 .

As far as I understand I need to substitute the old .vi´s by the new DAQmx vi´s. Especially I would like to substitute

Counter control.vi

Counter Get Attribute.vi

Counter Group configure.vi

Counter Set Attribute.vi

Do you know what could be the corresponding vi´s in the DAQmx version 9.5.1.? Is it necessary to reprogramm or can simply substitute the old vi´s by the new ones in my costum vi?

Thanks a lot for answers in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,780 Views)
Unfortunately, there is no one to one correspondance between the two drivers. You need to reprogram.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,775 Views)

Dennis is right (as usual), but I'd add that if you understand the functional behavior you need to produce, there's a good chance you can find a DAQmx-based example that'll at least get you really close.

My foggy memory of  counter programming in trad NI-DAQ makes me suspect you might have a simple edge-counting task, possibly from a non-default input terminal.  I'm guessing that "Counter Control" is called to start the task and "Counter Get Attribute" is called to read the count.  I think I recall that "Set Attribute" was only needed for non-default stuff, like specifying a different place to look for the edges (events) to count.

Am I close?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,764 Views)