Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i find description for DaqMx functions, with variable number of arguments ("ellipsis argument",like DaqmxGetChannelAttribute)

There are about 30 functions in the DAQmx library (according to nidaqmx.h) that may have variable number of arguments using that C-style ellipsis argument - DAQmxGetChannelAttribute as an example (if I did not misspell it). The DAQmx Help C reference guide does not contain any information on those functions. Where could I locate it?
Than you,
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,615 Views)

Hi Mike,

The functions not documented in the C Reference Help are not supported user functions. This is why they are not documented. In the case of DAQmxGetChanAttribute it is supported in the LabWindows CVI environment and is documented in the CVI help. Outside of this environment however it is not meant to be used. To access any of the channel attributes there are specific functions for each attribute that are documented in the C Reference Help such as DAQmxGetAIMax or DAQmxGetAIMin. These return the maximum or minimum input value expected by the specified channel. Let me know if you have any questions and have a great weekend.

Thanks,

Nathan
NI Chief Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,601 Views)

Nathan,

thank you so much! This is exactly what I hoped to know! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,595 Views)