Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What DAQ to use for a gaussmeter?

Hello everyone!

I am a pretty new LabVIEW user (built stuff from YouTube and used Arduino abit to light up LEDs), and now I have taken a project in my university that involves LabVIEW.

My assignment for now is to meassure a strength of a magnetic field. The first part is to order the equipment.

I was wondering which DAQ should I use?

What sensors can be used with that DAQ?

The sensors I found are: Allegro A1301, Melexis US1881 and the Panasonic DN6848.

They all look pretty much the same, but if anyone can tip me off which one is best or if there is a different sensor that can be used, it would be great.

And the most important is will these sensors work with the DAQ?

Thanks alot for the help, I hope this is not a too newbie question Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,936 Views)

Hi VladFialkov,

There are many possible configurations that you can use to do that acquisition system, and that would depend pretty much on the requirements of your own system like the resolution of the card or the sampling rate that you would desire. If you would like to get an overview of our data acquisition cards you could start filtering from our Product Page depending on your needs, you could filter the search given the measurement type or form factor (options on the left side)

Regarding the sensors compatibility, once you  have the card that you wanted to use, you could start analyzing both specification sheets to see if they match and are capable to work together (considering the operating ranges of the sensor and the card)

Hope you could find this information helpful !

Regards,

Sil.VI
Message 2 of 5
(4,877 Views)

Thanks for the answer jimenez,

I know there are alot of types, I was hoping to get some models as an example, something to start with so I can go on from there.

For example, I need also a thermocouple so I found 4 models I need to choose from, NI 9211, NI USB-9211A, NI 9213, NI 9219. I will choose acording to my needs, but witht the magnetic field measurment I am pretty clueless about which can preform to do that.

The only things I found are the NI USB 6008, NI USB 6009. They are multifuncioning and can also be used as a magnetic field sensor.

Are there anymore DAQ devices I can look into?

Thanks alot!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,857 Views)

Hi VladFialkov

If you are planning on using c series modules such as the ones you mention for the thermocouple measurement I would then suggest you to look for working all the acquisition system on the cDAQ plattform (instead of using the USB DAQs just for the magnetic field measurement). That way if you would want to make all the acquisitions in the same device and just get the AIO module to get the information from your sensor.

In the following link you can fins the CompactDAQ advisor, where you can start your desired configuration step bystep to get the ideal final configuration for your system 

Additionally I have done some research in our community and found two examples for the magnetic field measurement using  the myDAQ and myRIO, which are also options with a lower cost than a cDAQ system

Magnetic Field Measurement / using myDAQ or NI ELVIS

Magnetic Field Measuremetn / using myRIO

Hope you can find this helpful !

Regards,

Sil.VI
Message 4 of 5
(4,835 Views)

Thanks for the CompactDAQ idea s.jimenez, I looked into it and it looks like a good solution. 

For my application I need the voltage measurment catagory, right?

Also, my boss told me he is planning to buy a PXI (for his needs also, but I can use it as well), he told me to look into it, are there any benefits for me using the PXI? Or asking for a CompactDAQ is a better solution for me?

I hope these questions are not too general/newbie hehe... and thanks alot s.jimenez for helping me, this information is really helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,782 Views)