Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI with daq task not functioning on machine using runtime enviornment

I have a VI that works fine on my laptop in the developement enviornment or as an exe. When I try to run the same VI on another machine using the runtime engine it will not function. I am using a cDAQ 9184. The version of max on both machines is 14.0f0. I know the cDAQ functions on this machine as I have other vi's working that access the daq. The only difference is that I have constructed tasks in max for my other VI's where with this one the task is built in the VI. I also tried building an installer to make sure that everything on my laptop was passed to the other computer and updated. I've attached the VI, any ideas why this is not working?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,558 Views)

Hi ResurgenceX,

What do you mean that it will not function? Are you receiving any errors, or does it just function unexpectedly? 

Does the machine you're running the exe on have a full installation of the LabVIEW development environment? If so, have you tried running the source VI on it? Also, do you have DAQmx installed in the second machine?

I noticed in your VI that you are using global variables - are you including these global variables in your exe? 

Secondly, it seems you're using constants for your counter input terminals in your counter tasks. Are these devices named exactly the same on both machines? If not, perhaps you should make these controls instead of constants. 

Lastly, it seems PWM task in is not connected to anything. Should it be?

Rick C.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,513 Views)