Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Logger Lite does not function

I get errors when operating VI logger with a 9215A data logger.  One common error is as follows:
error -200361 which is an engine error.
The other one is where I press the button to run task and software returns a different engine error and states that the software does not know where it is. 
I am experimenting in the middle of a desert in 105 degree weather and expected a better more intelligent quality software than I have obtained from NI so far. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,447 Views)

Hello Pratap,

The first error you are reporting (-200361) is typically occurs when you are sampling faster than your computer can service the device and samples are overwritten.  When using VI logger you had to create a DAQmx task.  When you run this task by itself do you receive the same -200361 error?  When just testing the DAQmx task by itself should give more processor time to your 9215A.

Also, there have been some reported issues with other similar devices in Windows XP with SP1 because of the version of the Windows file usbehci.sys.  If you are using SP1, you might want to look at the KB found here.  If none of this works for you, can you please give me more information about the DAQmx task (sampling rate, number of channels, etc) and when you receive this error.  From your post it does not appear to happen all the time.

Finally, do you have anymore information on the second problem you are seeing (device being lost)?  When does this occur?  Does it occur on multiple machines?  If you are not using DAQmx 8.1, you might want to upgrade.  Upgrading should fix any problems with your driver installation (if any).

Regards,

Jesse O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Jesse O. | National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,430 Views)