Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Logger Lite: Cannot make a new "traditional" VI logger task

Hi all, would appreciate any help you can give me with this problem.

I have a DAQPad-6020E USB DAQ card, and am trying to use VI logger Lite to log data with it. I have VI Logger installed, and it recognises the two devices I have installed (the other one being a more recent USB-6218).

I have installed the drivers etc. from the NI DaqMx 8.5 CD I have, but I'm stuck with one problem now:

When I try to create a new task using "Vi Logger Tasks"/"Create New", I am only given the option of using NI-DAQmx. (even though the help page says it should give me the options for NI-DAQmx, Traditional and Fieldpoint).

This is a problem, as the 6020E DAQ card is listed as a traditional NI-DAQ device.

Can anyone please tell me what I have to do to be able to Create a New Traditional Task?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Message Edited by ChrisC_ on 11-22-2007 07:35 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,613 Views)
The help page I look at says that in order to use traditional DAQ, you need the full version of VI Logger. VI Logger Lite only supports DAQmx. The DAQpad 6020 is only supported by traditional DAQ so you would have to upgrade VI Logger, use a program like LabVIEW, or use a different DAQ device.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,596 Views)

Hi Chris,

Dennis is correct. The KnowledgeBase Article: VI Logger Lite vs. VI Logger Full highlights the differences between the versions, including NI-DAQmx (Lite and Full) and Traditional NI-DAQ (Full only) support. In addition to what Dennis suggested, I also recommend checking out NI LabVIEW SignalExpress, which is the replacement program for VI Logger.

Post back if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Ryan D.
District Sales Manager for Boston & Northern New England
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,572 Views)