From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using basic DAQmx drivers for a HS-DIO Card?

Hi,

I have ready-made programs for Non-HS-DIO cards which uses DAQmx drivers for example basic configuring, reading and writing.

Now I need to use HS-DIO card (NI PXIe-6535). Do I need to regenerate my code and use NI HS-DIO drivers or does it work with old ones? What do I miss if I use old drivers (if they can be used)? Other issues?

BR,
Jick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,292 Views)

Hi Jick,

The 6535 does not use NI-HSDIO, it uses NI-DAQmx. I am not sure if your old code will completely transfer over, because the 6535 has its own subset of features that are not on other cards. However, it shouldn't be too much effort to modify your existing code to work with the 6535. Hope this helps.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 7
(4,279 Views)

Ok, thanks for that.

I am wondering why I can't create counter output task in MAX using this device? It says "No supported devices". Purpose is to output PWM signal.

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,262 Views)

We do not have counters on the 6535, but you can output a pulse train by streaming a 0101 bit pattern on the generation output continuously at the rate which you need it. To change pulse width, you would have to oversample and add bits, such as 011011, or 001001.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,257 Views)

It has PFIs channels according to spesifications but drivers does not show them for Digital Output generation. What are the PFIs for? Timing? Do I need to use "normal" DO lines for the generation?

What does Supports Pattern I/O mean? Is there some special drivers for pattern generation?

BR,
Jick

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,235 Views)

You can find this information in the help file located here: 6535/6536/6537 Help

The file is both viewable in HTML and the downloadable .chm. There is also many resources using ni.com search that will help answer these questions. Thank you.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Message 7 of 7
(4,226 Views)