Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using another USB Based Device with a USB-6009

I have a quartz crystal microbalance (Sigma Instruments Q-Pod)  which comes with a LabView driver to communicated with its USB based controller.

I can contact the Q-Pod with LabView using their controller before I run anything with the USB-6009. So, so their driver seems to work.

I can contact the USB-6009 without the Q-Pod without a problem.

Once, I use the USB-6009, I cannot contact the Q-Pod through LabView. Sigma Instruments makes an independent (of Labview) piece of software which can still contact the Q-Pod. So, the problem is in one of the drivers for LabView. Further, I have to restart the computer before I can contact the Q-Pod through LabView.

Has anyone else had a problem using a non-NI USB device in LabView while using a USB DAQ? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Zeke Kossover
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,703 Views)
Are you plugging each into a separate hub. I had been using an inexpensive 4 port hub expander that plugged into a single USB connection on the pc. I wasn't using the USB 6008 but 4 other bus powered devices. The current requirements for all 4 exceeded the 500ma available. Using a powered hub expander solved my problem. If they are going to a single hub, you can go to windows device manager, right click on the hub under Universal Serial Bus Controllers listing, click on the power tab and see the requirements for each device.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,697 Views)