Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DAQ Channel Concurrenly

Hi Mallorim,

Ok. I will try your suggestion.
Thank you very much for your explanation.

Best regards

Cornelius
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,323 Views)

Hi Mallorim,

I am sorry. I bother you again.

I use wavegraph display type in my vi, and I will adjust x and y scale in autoscale mode. But I want to adjust that scale from front panel using a button.

Is it possible to do that? Would you please explain to me how I can do that?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Cornelius

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,313 Views)

That is not a problem Maris.

You can do that by right clicking on the input terminal of your graph, and browse to Create --> Property Node --> X Scale --> Range --> All Elements for the X axis.  You would select everything the same except replace X Scale with Y Scale to choose the Y axis scaling.  After you create the two property nodes, right click each of them and choose "Change All to Write" 

Now, you can wire in a Control, and this will actually create a front panel object with Minimum, Maximum, Increment, Minor Increment and Start options.  From here, you can set the custom scaling properties of your axes from the front panel during run-time as well as during development.

Here's a small VI that I've created that does this.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,295 Views)

Hi Tolga,

Thank you for your explanation. But your explanation is not I mean.

I mean I want to create auto scale button just for Y scale in front panel for to adjust wavegraph Y scale. You know that at Scales menu in properties of wave graph, there are autoscale cek list. I want to access that autoscale ceklist from a button at the front panel. You can see my illustration at my vi attachement.

I have another question about DAQ card.

I use DAQCard-6036E. I read in DAQ manual, that the card use multiplexer to acquire signal from the channel. You can see in at the architecture of the card below :

DAQ Device Diagram of Analog Input

I am looking for the card that doesn't use multiplexer, so the signal from each channel is connected with ADC. If the card have for example 16 input channel, so there are also 16 ADC in the Card.

Do you know the type of the card? Does the ni have that card type?

Ok. Thank you very much for your help and your attention. I look forward your reply.

Best regard

Cornelius

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(1,277 Views)
Not a problem Maris,

I think what you are looking for then is explained in my conversion of your VI.  The specific property node you are looking for is called "Yscale.ScaleFit" found under Y-Scale-->ScaleFit in the property node window.  If you wire in a 0, the graph is not autoscaled, if you wire in a 1, the graph is scaled once, and if you wire in a 2, the scale is autoscaled constantly. 

In my example VI, I used a boolean to number converter to convert the true/false output of the front panel button to output a 0 or a 1 to this property node.  By doing this, while the while loop is running, you can press the button and it will automatically autoscale your graph during runtime.  If you wanted to implement the "Always auto-scale" capability, you would need to implement a case structure to handle each input and provide that functionality programmatically.  This should be simple enough to do, but for your application, my example to me seems like would do the trick. 

Regarding your other question, yes, we do have DAQ boards that have their individual ADCs.  These are the S-series boards, and all of them have this capability built in.  Information can be found here

S Series Simultaneous-Sampling Multifunction DAQ

If you are interested in purchasing one, our Internal Sales Representatives would be able to provide very specific information as well, and you can reach them by calling (888) 280-7645.

Thanks a lot and have a great day.
Message 25 of 31
(1,265 Views)

Hi Tolga,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

Now, my autoscale function runs properly. Sometime I will back to you if i have a problem about my vi.

I hope you would help me again.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(1,251 Views)
I am happy that worked for you Maris.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,242 Views)

Hi Tolga,

I am sorry, I bother you again.

I have any question about my vi. You can see my vi in the file attachment.

The first question is :

I add checkbox in front panel to control Physical channel. If I checked checkbox, it means the channel is active, and then wavegraph show the signal according to the signal  is acquired by the channel. But if the checkbox is unchecked, it means the channel is inactive, and then wavegraph show zero line. Would you help and explaine to me, how i can implement that functions?

My second question is:

I makes a square border line and text together (you can see in my vi). I want to adjust that the text in front of the border line. How can i do it?

Ok. Thank you very much for you help and your discuss before.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,233 Views)

One simple way for the checkboxes to work is to simply place the DAQmx Create Channel functions you have inside case statements.

To change the text to be on top, select it and use the Reorder button on the LabVIEW toolbar. This is the button on the far right.

p.s. Instead of all of the case statements that change the graph scales, you should be using an event structure. Create a separate while loop for the event structure and place all of that code in there.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(1,225 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I don't understand what you explain about checkboxes problem in my vi.

I am still new to use labview, so would you please explaine to me more detail, how i can solve my problem, and It would be better if you would give me vi example or reconfiguration my vi in my file attachment before.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(1,221 Views)