Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb-6211 device not recognised in Mac MacOS

Hi there,

We are having a problem with running our new M-series Usb-6211 devices on a mac Os. Running Labview 8.5 and Daqmx Base 3.1 we found that the device is recognised in the data loger application and not any place else. I then installed Daqmx Base 3.2 but this not fix anything. The LED is blinking so I believe it to be installed but when writing code I can't select the dev number or input. E.g. Starting with reset dev vi wiring a control or constant The pull down menu (arrow) of the control or constant is greyed out. I know in Windows if I do this with no device connected it still gives the opotion to Browse for the device. I have a good understanting of all this in windows but new to Mac. Is there something I need to do extra in Mac?

Ive read a lot of posts on the forum some with simular problems but never a solution.

Your help would be much appreciated

Regards

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,669 Views)

Hello Michael,

From your post, it looks like your 6211 not working with the DAQmx Base on a Mac does some slightly different functionality than the way DAQmx works in Windows.  In DAQmx the I/O terminals can check for the installed devices on the computer.  The I/O terminals in DAQmx Base on Windows will automatically populate with the DAQmx devices installed on the computer; it will not list the DAQmx Base Devices.  On your Mac, these I/O terminals will not populate at all since there DAQmx is not installed on the computer.  The Datalogger program searches for the installed DAQmx Base devices in the same way the DAQmx Base List Devices program lists all of the DAQmx Base devices installed.  As a result if your 6211 shows up in the List Devices program, then it is installed properly in your Mac.  The List Devices program will list the name of the device (“Dev1” for example).  In any of the example programs for DAQmx Base, you will need to type this name into the I/O control on your front panel without the quotes.  When the VI is run DAQmx Base will try to use this device name.  If the device name is correct then the program will run.  Please post back if you have any more questions or concerns. 

Regards,
Browning G
FlexRIO R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,655 Views)