Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB to PCMCIA adapter for 6020E? Is it possible? Recommendations

Is it possible to use an adapter USB to PCMCIA in order to use a PCMCIA 6020E on a newer (no PCMCIA slot) laptop?

If so what do you recommend?  Will Labview recognize the device?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,672 Views)

Hey Rbmtx,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. Unfortunately, NI does not sell a USB to PCMCIA card adaptor. Also we have not tested our PCMCIA cards with third party adaptors. There may be an adaptor on the market that will work, but in a preliminary search I didn't see many options out there that I think would work. I doubt there is a real viable solution available due to the differences in the way we handle data acquisition and generation on PCMCIA versus the USB bus. If you are interested in a USB data acquisition solution I would highly recommend getting a dedicated USB DAQ device such as the NI USB-6251. In addition to being natively USB 2.0 compatible it is quite a bit more capable than the DAQCard 6062E.
Once again thanks for contacting NI.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,660 Views)

My new computer doesn't have a PCMCIA port for my 6062E DAQCard.  Can you recommend a converter so I can use a port that it does have?  (EC, SC, USB, eSATA, or SD)  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,358 Views)

As 'Knights Who Say NI' says in the post above, we still do not sell nor support any PCMCIA-to-{ExpressCard, SmartCard, USB, eSATA, SD} adapters.

Further, since I expect this is a newer laptop, even if you had a PCMCIA-ExpressCard or PCMCIA-USB adapter that did work, note that DAQmx only supports DAQCards on 32-bit Windows Vista/7 and not on 64-bit.

I would recommend a native USB device instead, such as the USB-6341.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,340 Views)