Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-TC01 gives error -201165 "firmware for this device is too new"

Solved!
Go to solution

If I understand the comments here:  The firmware updater "NIInstantDAQFirmwareUpdate120.exe" is used to update older USB-TC01 units so they will work with later versions of DAQMX.  New USB-TC01 devices require later versions of DAQMX.  In my case, I was borrowing an old USB-TC01 from a co-worker until the new arrived.  The new one did not work with the older DAQMX.  I simply updated MAX to 14.5, then used the new USB-TC01.  I did not try to update the old one.  Since it is not mine, I did not want to make any changes that would negatively affect my co-workers.

Message 31 of 40
(2,703 Views)

Thank you so much. That was very useful. Now Im going to bug the LV engineers to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40
(2,689 Views)

My DAQmx version is 15.0.0f0 and I still got the same problem, error -201165 Firmware for this device is too new.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40
(2,496 Views)

Hi pina

There is a newer version of DAQmx (15.1.1f3) available here, so could you try downloading that and seeing whether it works?

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(2,482 Views)

Okay. Ver 15.1.1f3 works.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40
(2,464 Views)

I am facing the same problem "firmware for this device is too new"

My program is developed under Visual Studio 2008 C Sharp. It can only support up to dot NET 3.5.

I can't upgrade the NI DAQ MX to ver. 15.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40
(2,445 Views)

Hi engkhong

Unfortunately, it is impossible to downgrade the firmware on your device. However, there are a limited number of USB-TC01's with the older firmware still installed available for purchase. The part number for these devices is 784355-01. You can find a link to purchase the product here. You should be able to add this device to cart or talk to your Field Sales Engineer to purchase it.

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40
(2,419 Views)

This is an older thread but I have the same problem, now in 2017.  I'm using DaqMx 14.2 with VisualStudio , and I'm getting the same error message.  Upgrading all of our computers to the latest DaqMx is a major problem for us.  In the last year, has there been a way to downgrade this device's firmware.  I've got a part number with a D in it, with firmware verison 1.1.0F1

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 40
(1,089 Views)

It seems that it is not possible to downgrade the formware, Why is it difficult for you to upgrade to the latest DAQmx versions?

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(1,068 Views)

Hi, 

I overcome this by doing a wrapper for USB-TC01 using DAQmx version 9.8.35.32. Build the wrapper using VS2008.

On VS2008, DAQMX choose copy local. 

For me, I just copy MeasurementStudioVS2008\DotNet\Assemblies\ to the new PC with NIMax.

For me Daqmx only use for USB-TC01, not other instrument, if you have other instrument which using Daqmx 14, this method might not work.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(1,061 Views)