Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6259 mass pinout and cable genders

Solved!
Go to solution

While I am waiting for my USB 6259 with mass terminations to arrive I would like to begin working on some pcbs for my custom connections and this leaves me with a few unanswered questions.

I'm looking for concrete answers because the site and photos aren't very clear.

- Are SH68-68-EPM cables Male to Female?

- I see in the descriptions that the unshielded breakout boards CB-68LPR and CB-68LP have male connectors.

But the shielded breakout boxes (SCB-68) don't say or show what they have. I assume they have male connectors as well.  This is also why I assume the SH68-68-EPM is male to female.

- I can't tell if the unshielded ribbon cable R6868 is Female-to-Female or Female-to-Male?  The picture shows 1 female end but not the other.

-Finally, the documents for the USB 6259 show the pinout for the screw terminal version but not for the MASS terminals.

I need to know what signals are on each pin of the scsi cables to be able to put 68-pin jacks on my custom pcbs.

Thank you for any help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,789 Views)

Hi Sturmmd,

The connectors on the SH68-68-EPM and R6868 cables are female.  Male connectors are on the data acquistion device or the accessory being cabled to.  The NI USB-6259 Mass Termination pinouts can be found on page 26 of the NI 625x Specifications.

Below are some links that you may find helpful during your custom PCB design:

Which Wire Maps to Which Pin on the R6868 Cable?

Compatible Devices and Cabling for the SCB-68 Terminal Block

Specifications and Manufacturers for Board Mating Connectors

SHC68-68-EPM & SH68-68-EPM Cable Wire Mapping List

Hopefully this helps!

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,759 Views)

Yes, thank you this helps tremendously.

The one thing remaining that I am still unable to find is a mechanical drawing showing the distance between the two scsi68 connectors on the front panel of the USB 6259.

Knowing this will allow me to make the custom pcbs plug into both at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,740 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sturmmd
From the USB-6259 Product Page, navigate to the Resources tab.  Under the Resources tab are the dimensioned drawings for the device.
Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,720 Views)
Thank you, I guess I just didn't look hard enough.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,710 Views)