Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6212 6212 - Analog Output Stops! Doesn't Happen with NI9263

Hi all,

I am using the Analog Output to play many sequential files through that are ~30 seconds long.  As I send them to to the DAQ, I also plot them at the same frequency on screen just for a visual reference (Obviously they aren't perfectly aligned, but that is fine for what I'm doing).  

Here is a basic flow chart; note the 2 paralell tasks of plotting and sending to AO1:

[Open File 1] --> [Send through AO1] --> [Loop to the Next] --> [Open File 2] ---> [Send through AO2], etc. etc.

[Display on a Chart]                                                              [Display on a Chart]

I initially wrote this (very simple!) code for the NI9263 and it worked great.  Recently I acquired a NI 6212 (USB Module) and find that it doesn't work right!  

It still opens and closes files just fine; the chart continues to update and show to me that I am indeed loading the next file in the set.  However, the DAQ stop outputting after just the first file.  I don't know why it is doing that.

I've tried the following permutations:

Windows 7 PC

Windows XP PC

NI9263 (I tried two different ones, both are fine!)

USB-6212

Labview 2011

Labview RunTime 2011

Even on an old Win XP PC, I can get the NI9263 to work just fine...

Some notes:

I'm outputting on AO1 using both the 9263 and the 6212.  

I have a DAQmx task configured for N Samples, and set it to write the same number of samples in the file (2000 points per file, thus I have it set to n=2000), and set it to the correct frequency (100Hz)

Untitled.png

Any help on why the 6212 stops outputting on the file file, but the 9263 just keeps going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,747 Views)

Hello,

I just wanted to briefly ask if you are receiving any errors in either case.

Also, which chassis are you using the NI 9263 in?

Thanks,
Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,720 Views)

cDAQ 9172.

No errors are thrown in either case

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,715 Views)