Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6211, Windows 7, Lab View 8.5.1 doesn`t work

Hi guys,

today i tried to reinstal our lab view programm for the realization of four point measurements.

First, i installed Windows 7 64-bit and then the Firewall Sophos and so on. Next Step was the Installation of Framework 3.5 and then Lab View 8.5.1 and the special parts for it. At the beginning it have to say it works with Windows 7 some years before. Now i start the MAX and then I take look into the serial and paraled device but there is just listed "COM1" and "LTP". It doesn`t realize my 6211 and the ltp troubleshoot doenst work. I get a failure. Tomorrow i will start it again.

But maybe some person have an idea where my problem is. Do you have some ideas to solve this problem?

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,602 Views)

Hey Sebastion,

referring to the following homepage LV 8.5.1 is not supported in Win 7:

Windows Version Compatibility with LabVIEW - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB?OpenDocument

Due so several Windows updated it can be possible that it doesn't work any longer.

To get the correct DAQmx version:

DAQmx and LabVIEW Version Compatibility - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248

Best Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,581 Views)

What version of DAQmx did you install?  According to the user manual, you need at least DAQmx 8.9.  But the first version of DAQmx to support Windows 7 is 9.0.1.  You might be able to just get away with installing a newer version of DAQmx.  The newest version to support LabVIEW 8.5 is DAQmx 9.3.

Of course, I highly recommend you just completely update your LabVIEW and DAQmx to the latest since LabVIEW 8.5 is not supported on Windows 7.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,578 Views)

Hi,

i tried with DAQ9.3 and know i can see the USB-6211. Thank you very much for help and support.

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,569 Views)