Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6009

I would like to use a USB-9009 OEM but do not have time to wait for delivery for my prototype system.  Is it posible to buy a USB-6009 and remove the PCB and use as a OEM version?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,908 Views)
Hello KentD,

Though it is not a drop-in replacement, you may be able to substitute the regular USB-6009 in place of the OEM version. Depending on your exact needs, removing the housing from the regular USB-6009 could serve the same purpose as using the OEM version, but there are a few key differences. First, it is important to note that the USB-6009 OEM uses a 34-pin connector made by 3M (part number N2534-6002RB) to access the signals from the device. However, the regular USB-6009 ships with 2 detachable 16-terminal screw terminal connectors. So, the connectivity between these devices will be different; for the OEM version you would need to have the 34-pin mating connector, while the regular version accepts 16 AWG to 28 AWG wire.

Additionally, the standard USB-6009 is tested in the enclosure and the performance is specified as such. There should be no change to the device functionally if you remove the enclosure, but we cannot guarantee performance. The unprotected PCB would be more susceptible to damage from impact, so you would need to take care in your installation of the device.

So, to address your question, the USB-6009 OEM and USB-6009 are functionally identical, but the physical dimensions are not exactly the same. Your use case will determine the ability to use the devices interchangeably. For more information about the differences, I would refer you to the NI USB-6008/6009 OEM User Guide, the NI USB-6008/6009 User Guide and Specifications and the dimensional drawings for the USB-6009 and the USB-6009 OEM.

Matt Anderson

Hardware Services Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,881 Views)