Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6009 Digital Input issue

Hi,

I am using USB 6009. When I am connecting the DAQ device to my computer , I am getting 5 V at all the digital input terminals. I measured this value using multimeter .I didnt connect anything at any terminals. And also checked in NI Max- Test Panel. In test panel, I've configured all the channels as digital Input lines.All the input channels are showing ON ( That means triggered on in green colour) .  I've attached the screenshot of MAX - Test panel. Awaiting for good response.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,714 Views)

RTFM and RTFS(pec) can answer your questions 🙂

hint: look at page 18 of the manual and you can find that there is an internal 4.7kOhm pullup 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,701 Views)

Many DIO on DAQ boards have built in pull-up or pull-down resistors.  So you really do need to read the specification to make sure you understand which way it will pull if nothing is connected.  The 6008 apparently has a pull-up built in.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,692 Views)