Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traditional DAQ version 7 for Windows ME for a PXI 8176 Controller card with PXI 7842R

Hi,

spent a few days trying to get a piece of equipment working inherited from  another university workshop.  The "PC" works fine on Windows ME (!) but actually has a Windows XP COA sticker on the side of the chassis (with an NI "OEM" number).

The hard disk contains Labview version 6.0 which is a legal copy (COA on manual).

I am looking for Traditional DAQ (legacy) (version 7 or 7.1) to install new(er) card (7842R and/or 6251).

The other parts of the system work brilliantly and contain $10,000s worth of cards.  I cannot find how to obtain a copy of Traditional DAQ (legacy) (version 7 or 7.1).  In addition university IT policy wont allow such a system to connect to the network.

If anybody has access to version 7 DAQ (legacy traditional) I would be fantastically grateful.  

I know everybody will say upgrade to newer system but embedded PC runs current set up very well with 30 GB HD and 256 MB memory (looks like DDR1).

Thanks for help from a Newb NI user.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(537 Views)

Still hanging around NI's old ftp site:

http://download.ni.com/support/daq/pc/ni-daq/

But you may also need to navigate about to find the corresponding Real-Time DAQ driver (up at the folder level where the link above went to the "pc" subfolder, look for a "real-time" subfolder.

The 6251 will NOT be supported by the traditional driver.  It's an M-series MIO board which was one of the first popular board families I know of that were supported ONLY under DAQmx.   I don't anything either way about the 7842R.

Also, bear in mind that the traditional driver was single-threaded.  Any DAQ function call that needed to wait for completion would block all other tasks from access to DAQ functions.  That was the single most important factor that made want to switch over to DAQmx, which is multi-threaded, and many tasks can interact with the driver independently and simultaneously.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(503 Views)