Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torque, flow rate, pressure, temperature with USB-6001 possible?

I'm attempting to put together a group of sensors and a DAQ device to measure torque of an electric motor (up to about 455lb/ft break down torque), flow rate of a liquid being pumped through a system (about 2gpm), liquid pressure in the system (up to 200ish psi) and temperature of the liquid entering the system. I've found a few sensors that I believe will do the trick but I'm not familiar with the DAQ devices NI offers and what I might need to measure all of the data from the sensors and input it into a laptop running labVIEW through USB.

I suppose my first question is, is this possible? And if its possible what resources can I look through to get a better idea of what product this project might require.

Thanks for any insight, I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(792 Views)

It depends on how that sensor interfaces - some sensors use analog 0-5V, 4-20mA loop, require external excitation etc.,

If you share the sensors you've selected or going to select, we could suggest some hardware

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(778 Views)

The flow meter we plan to use will be something like this, Generic YF-G1 Plastic Water Flow Hall Sensor Flowmeter / Counter - Black, G1" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X5KHD66/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4KWK6PMSEJZWC4Y0DHJZ

and the torque sensor will be something like this, if not this exact sensor, https://www.futek.com/store/torque-sensors/shaft-to-shaft-rotary-torque-sensors/slip-ring-shaft-to-s...

No full decisions have been made about the sensors to measure pressure drop across two points or the temperature sensor. As nice as it would be to have sensors that worked over 5v it seems more likely that we will need to wire external power, either 12v or 24v for at least the torque sensor and that’s fine.

Thanks for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(763 Views)

Bump, if anyone could provide and insight or resources that may be beneficial I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(737 Views)