From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telemetry for cDAQ

Hello,

I have a cDAQ-9178 setup and working with three NI-9237 bridge modules and some analog inputs coming in through NI-9215s. It's installed on a research vehicle, reading from variety of sensors measuring pressures, temperature, wind speed etc from roadways. It logs to a laptop and everything works great. But I want to be able to monitor the signals from a follow vehicle that will be traveling behind the research vehicle.

I was thinking to run the signals to a wireless mesh network like XBee, that I could read from a computer in the follow vehicle. The analog inputs could be connect directly to the XBee unit, and I would get an NI-9263 and run the bridge signals through it in Labview to the XBee.

It doesn't need to have a very fast update rate, it could be as low as 5-10Hz, just to show that all the sensors are working.

Does this seem like feasible setup? I am unsure of how the NI-9263 is intended to be used and wondering if this is the right module for the job.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(806 Views)

Why complicate? why not have a WiFi access point on the follow up vehicle, connect the laptop wireless to this AP and you can directly remote into the actual system or create a simple web page on the laptop that continuously updates the data at 5-10Hz

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 2
(792 Views)